1. Get ready Broncos, the first day of the fall semester is set to begin on Aug. 23 and spring semester plans to start the date of Jan. 19, 2019.
2. The fall and spring semesters will include 15 weeks of class and one week of finals. Cal Poly Pomona will also offer an optional summer term to students.
3. Following the spring semester, CPP has set scheduled the 2019 Commencement for May 17-19. Many students are most likely worried about how the transition to semesters will affect tuition.
4. Worry not Broncos, semester conversion will not affect the total annual cost of tuition fees nor will it affect a student’s financial aid. Students will pay tuition and receive their financial aid twice per year in the semester system. CPP has assured students they will not lose any credits after switching to semesters.
5. Students have multiple options to work out a transition plan. Students can work with their advisors or use some of the resources available online.
6. MyPlanner and the Conversion Guide are helpful tools that can be found by visiting the Student Success Central. To find the full list of resources, students can visit www.cpp.edu/studentsuccess.
7. Students should attempt to take 30 units each academic year. According to Student Success Central, taking 30 units per academic year increases a student’s chance of graduating on time, saving money and obtaining a higher GPA.
The plunge to semesters can promote fear amongst students. However, there are many opportunities that come along with the transition to semesters.
8. Students will have more options regarding research opportunities, internships, and study abroad programs. Students will also have more opportunities to take classes at different CSU campuses.
9. The move to semesters will also offer students more time to understand course material and build relationships with advisors, faculty, staff and fellow Broncos.
10. The move to semesters will also have a greater variety of time and days for classes including weekend classes.
If students want more information, they can visit www.cpp.edu/semester.
From the semester conversion website.
Show Comments (0)